Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Beginning

I've always been a creator or crafts in one form or another, but it wasn't until about 6 months ago that I began making greeting cards. It all started when a friend of mine had invited me to a Stampin' Up! party and I was able to see all things I could make out of paper and all the neat tools involved. I was immediately sucked in! The cards were like mini works of art and I couldn't believe I had actually made one! I loved every minute of the process and knew I had to continue making more cards. I rationalized that with the price of fancier cards steadily increasing in stores, this would be more of an investment than simply a hobby. Yeah, it didn't exactly work out that way. lol The more I bought the more I want to buy, so it hasn't exactly been an investment, but perhaps it will be in the future. For now, I'm just happy to be creating something I love and I thought I'd create this blog to log my progress as it unfolds.

Here is my very first card:

It's a very simple card using white and red cardstock. The cake was stamped in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with an iridescent black embossing powder. I used a corner punch for all four corners and slid the white cardstock into place. I had very little supplies at this point, so that's why I had to take a minimalist approach to this card. lol

Stamp set: Birthday Whimsy (Sale-A-Bration February 1 - March 17, 2008)

No comments: