Monday, September 15, 2008

Whoooo knew?


Whoooo knew I'd love owls so much? I don't know when my love of owls began, but it seems like there are a lot of us owl lovers out there! This is only the beginning of my owl collection, but it's still my favorite thus far. The owl and branch are two separate acrylic stamps that I placed on the same block when stamping. I stamped them both in Versamark and then used black detail embossing powder. I love the look of embossed images, don't you? It really makes them pop. I colored them in with my Crayola markers and added googly eyes. I used a Martha edge punch that also embosses the white cardstock and tied a brown satin ribbon underneath the owl. I left the card blank so that I could add a sentiment later. The 3 pink dew drops were one of my greatest finds from Michaels. They came in this huge bag and were on clearance for $2! They are actually called something else and used to fill up vases, but they serve the same purpose as dew drops and look great to me! A small Zots glue dot is the perfect size for them too. :)


Stamp set: Oliver & Friends by Sassafras
Paper: random scrap papers from a friend's bin
Accessories: brown satin ribbon from Michaels dollar bin, dew drops, Martha edge punch and embosser
Adhesives: Tombow Mono Multi and tape runner, Zots glue dots

No comments: