Sorry it's taken me so long to update my blog! I didn't want to start adding any more entries until I had added watermarks to my images, but then I got lazy adding the watermarks to my images. Hehe.
I have a wonderful craft group at work that started up a few months ago. We each take a turn being the "project manager" to come up with the idea of the project and teach the rest of us how to create them. We've been meeting up once a week during our lunchtime to craft, so the projects we create take under an hour to finish. The project manager does cut up any necessary papers or materials beforehand though, so that goes a long way into helping with time management. ;)
It was my turn this week and I decided to decorate glass ornaments using some acetate. This is an old stamp set I bought off one of the crafting ladies in my group. It's a SU! stamp set called See with the Heart. Isn't the woman gorgeous?!?
I stamped her onto a piece of acetate using black StazOn ink and then used permanent markers from Bic (you can use Sharpies too) to color in the image on the opposite side so that the StazOn doesn't smear.
While waiting for the image to dry completely, I took the top off the glass ornament I got from Michaels and used a makeshift funnel out of paper to add some Martha Stewart mica flake glitter into the ornament.
I used my Coluzzle circle stencil to cut out the image. Then I used my embossing tool (you can use a pencil or whatever you have on hand) to roll the acetate around it and place inside the ornament. I played around with the placement of the acetate once it was placed inside until it was where I wanted it.
I added some Michaels ribbon to the top and just tied it into a bow and slid the bow towards the top of the ornament.
I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out and it's super easy once you get the hang of it!
As if the projects alone weren't enough, we decided to add card exchanges to each of our craft meetings! Good thing there are only a small handful of us ladies right now, so it wasn't too difficult to do.
Here is the card I came up with. I stamped the images from SU! Pocket Silhouettes using Martha Stewart inks onto SU! whisper white cardstock and punched them out using the SU! square scallop punch. Even though I have nestabilities to use with my Cuddlebug, I still love punches because they're so quick and easy to use!
I used the ink pads to sponge the edges and then I cut some square pieces of SU! chocolate chip cardstock to back the images on using some pretty high square dimensionals I got from Joann.
I drew a square around the images with my chocolate chip marker and then added a sentiment I stamped from SU! Fun and Fast Notes and punched out using the SU! window punch.
I used the Martha Stewart Doily Lace edge punch for the bottom of the card and cut my Papertrey craft cardbase down to make room for the doily. Then I added some paperpiercing to finish off the card.
Gee, I didn't realize I had used so many punches for this one card until I listed them out. lol Oh well, that's what they're there for!